Sunday, September 20, 2009

September

So far September has been lovely. It's hard to believe we're only a couple weeks from October already. It's been good to catch up with people. Last Monday I spent the day with Randy & Lui (old friends of mine), and Kaari & Alex (I've known Kaari about 25 years) and all their kids. The picture is Kaari's oldest daughter, Oksana. Isn't she adorable? I still have more people to catch up with, but I'm makin' the rounds to the best of my ability.

So what am I doing? I had hoped to temp while I was here, but that's not really happened yet. I may or may not be working for my church (I helped out a bit last week) but that depends on whether some support can be raised toward a small salary for the weeks to come. Otherwise I have to really pound the pavement this next week. Money is a bit of an issue for me right now (well, actually the lack of money is a bit of an issue), but I'm doing my best to be frugal and trusting God to help me figure this season out.

As I've settled into being here for a bit I've gotten back into my 'creative' groove. I don't know if it's the time of year or just being in Portland, but all I want to do is create things. Painting, knitting, writing, cooking...whatever requires creativity. I even want to start sewing, but fortunately I don't have a sewing machine or I'm sure I would be starting a few other "creative projects" as well. If only I could make money creating things. Maybe someday. For now I'd be happy making money period. So I guess that's my focus this next week.

No comments: