Thursday, October 15, 2009

Five


Today my blog is five years old, and this is my 430th post. It seems like another person ago that I started this little window into my strange soul, and I am truly blessed to have such a cathartic outlet to process and share life.

Since I started blogging I have moved ten times, visited four new countries, climbed (then stepped off) the corporate ladder, grieved over tsunamis, hurricanes, a London bombing, lost a grandfather, an uncle and many celebrities. I've found my voice as a singer, found my pen as a writer, found my eye as an armature  photographer and my brush as a budding painter. I turned 30, learned to be okay in my own skin and learned to treasure my family in a way I never did before. I bought my first camera, iPod, laptop and water bottle. I found Edward Rutherfurd, Sophie Kinsella and Stephanie Meyer. I figured out  how to hold dreams loosely while still working to make them happen, and I've made and re-discovered amazing friends along the way.

Thank you, readers of my blog, for being part of it all. Here's to the next five years!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Lovely! Happy Blog Birthday! Oh and that is a very cute photo of you xc